Friday, August 01, 2008

Startitus

Because there's nothing like a successfully finished project to get the mojo going ;).

New project #1:


A short sleeved lace cardigan to throw over summer wear when the wind gets a bit chilly. The pattern is from Vogue Knitting, the spring/summer 2007 #19 (named, if I'm not mistaken, short sleeved lace cardigan). Here's the Ravelry link of lots of finished versions - but I don't want to step on any copyright toes by snagging pics! The blue at the bottom is just my provisional cast on - I'm reusing white cotton yarn from a long sleeved shrug that I didn't wear (I think it was actually Handicrafter Cotton), and so I don't know how much I actually have. So I'm knitting from the ribbed waist up, going to do the fronts, back, and sleeves, then knit down as far as I've got yarn for. Fingers crossed! At least with the worsted weight, it's not too much effort to redo.




Lace-Knit Blouse from Vintage Purls site. This is where I got masochistic. 2.75mm needles (#12 UK, don't have my needle holder with me to say what that is in US sizes - SMALL!). It's definitely going to be different than the picture looks - the sleeve cast on is 116 stitches, but then you only cast on another 75 each for the front and back length (it's knit cuff-to-cuff), so this is going to be more of a kimono-style than the picture lead me to believe. I'll see how it looks once I cast on the front and back. Reclaimed periwinkle yarn - wool? Have to check.

And...



I'm finally getting around to knitting myself a pair of socks from my own pattern!! See my Itean Sock Pattern post for more details. This time I'm trying out the magic loop method, because I happened to have an 80cm long 2.25mm needle, and Fleece Artist Somoko (2nds, so there are a few knots, but lovely colours!) - probably "Blush" colourway, but can't be certain! You know what? It's much easier to whip up socks when you've already got the numbers figured out!

1 comment:

PurpleSage said...

Wow! I love your choices! Off to check out the links.... ;)