Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Apparently I CAN Look Good in Hats





Not bad, eh?

Nubby Brim Cloche

(the colour is more accurate in the posed shots)

I needed to use up some recycled sweater yarn (from a second hand "Made in Ecuador" type sweater), and my guestimates were showing that a scarf was too ambitious for the amount of purple I had. This yarn is loosely spun, and varies in thickness - but I think it's about Aran weight on average. The colour is gorgeous...



Then again... it's only beautiful if it stays put! I think I'm going to have to line the hat, or I'll be walking around with a purple forehead!

I think it's going to be just the thing for "spring" in the Maritimes:



Next time: why I haven't blogged recently (aka, why startitus is hard to blog!)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ooh, yes, you can! That does suit you very nicely.

PurpleSage said...

I love it! Looks great! And yes, it will protect you from our cool spring "breezes".

Notebooks said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.